Thursday, August 28, 2008

When Did Birthday Parties Get So Carried Away?

This last weekend, there were two birthday parties to attend. 11am to 1pm and 1pm to 3pm. The first was a wizard party. Hosted by a company called Oogles and Googles. Tater and Tot were both invited to this one. Here is a few pictures I took with my phone camera...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And Tater:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now the next one was at a private house. This was a classmate in Tater's class. This is just one of the activities they had in their backyard:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Wow. For a child who turned 6 years old just before school started and is now in the first grade. Tater asked if we could do that at his next party. The answer was absolutely NO. Don't get me wrong, this was a great party for kids. And if you have the money for it, go for it. Wow. The parents were extremely nice and fun to be around. It took me a while to find them, as there were a ton of people at the party. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be invited to another one with Tot in tow. He would have loved it as well.

After attending those parties, I remembered how excited I was that we got to go to a gym for Tater's party. No clean up, kids entertained, tired out, and good company in the parents. It was a little more than if I held it at home, but not that much more. Worth it for me not to have all the prep work and cleanup after wards. My party was nothing like those... And I really enjoyed both of them... I just wonder how I got so lucky???? And when did the kids parties get this carried away? Or is it just me?

2 comments:

oddybobo said...

Holy crap. I can't afford stuff like that.

Carmen said...

Holy crap, me neither!