Monday, August 04, 2008

VW turns a year older

UPDATE: Totally forgot Pamibe turns older than dirt than me today... wish her a happy birthday if you haven't already!

Wow. Another year gone. Last year I did THIS POST with just a poem and a couple of links. The year before that I did THIS POST where some bloggers gave me 'gifts' and I linked to them. Yet, I loved this one the best... I did THIS POST back in 2005 and put out pictures of when I was a little girl...

How can I top that any of those? I can't! I can't link to everyone I read because it would take me all night. I have no more pictures to post... well maybe a few, but I'm too lazy. I could do a post of what happened this last year... uhhh... but I would just be repeating what I said in the posts I have written. So, I'll answer some questions that might interest my kids when they get older (stolen from meme's here and there):

1. What was your favorite time growing up?
Answer: I'm not grown up yet! I loved my childhood... my teenage years... my adult years. I love learning and growing... well... the growing fatter is not the best, but I am growing in other ways as well. It amazes me how my love grows for my family every day.

2. Which birthday do you remember the best?
Answer: There are a couple of them. The one in my teen years when Mamaw tied a ribbon around the cake to keep it from falling apart after she iced it. The other was when I turned 42. A friend surprised me with a cake that said on it "42, the answer to the universe". She said the cake decorator at the grocery store gave her the strangest look when she requested that be put on the cake!

Overall, I am a very lucky and blessed individual. I have a wonderful husband, two very good kids, my sisters and mom, and friends. They look after me, listen to me, laugh with me and cry with me. Luckily the crying doesn't happen very often. And the kids keep me laughing. I wonder some days what made me smile before children. Just last night I had to keep from laughing out loud at Tot. He and I were talking before he was going to sleep and I was nebulizing him. Suddenly, he got this very serious look on his face and the conversation went something like this:

Tot: Mom, look at my pe-nis.
Mom: Yes, now put it back in your underwear.
Tot: Mommmmm.... it's hard! ** said with very serious and upset voice **
Mom: Yes, and it has been in the past and it will go back to being soft again.
Tot: Mom... I'm worried.
Mom: Why?
Tot: What if it explodes?
Mom: ** tears coming out of eyes while trying not to laugh out loud ** It hasn't exploded so far, and I don't think it will happen. You will be ok. ** can't look at Tot for fear of him seeing my smile **
Tot: Are you sure?
Mom: Yes, you will be fine.
Tot: Ok, maybe when I'm older... **worried voice again**
Mom: Then we will deal with it when you are older. **man oh man, I wanted to laugh**

Now, how can you not enjoy life when you have two kids to keep you hopping (sometimes mad, sometimes crazy, but usually smiling). Yep, my kind of insanity. I hope another year is just as fun... though I could do without the bodily changes... I already had kidney stones, bifocals and other items to make me feel o.l.d... but then someone sent me this and I didn't feel quite so old anymore. I got a 23... how about you?


How Old is Your Brain?


This is interesting !!! See if your brain is as old as your body ~ or ~ (perish the thought) ~ OLDER !! Procedure of Flash Fabrica Game:
1. Touch 'start'
2. Wait for 3, 2, 1.
3. Memorize the number's position on the screen, then click the circle from the smallest number to the biggest number. (it will give you a 0 on the screen when you get them all correct).
4. At the end of game, computer will tell you how old your brain.

Good luck !!

Don't forget to let me know your brain's age. :-)
http://flashfabrica.com/f_learning/brain/brain.html

21 comments:

pam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a wonderful day, replete with your favorite food and maybe a nap in the afternoon if you so choose.
:D

Marie said...

Happy birthday VW!! I thought of you yesterday -- we went to a "Bug Bust" -- a VW car show. VWs everywhere!

Have a wonderful day!

I've had moments like that with K too... oh boy, the things we have to look forward to!!

It’s My Party | pamibe said...

[...] VW also turns the page today. Please wish her a happy birthday as well!! [...]

Oddybobo said...

Happy Birthday!!

Lee Ann said...

Happy Birthday! Those boys will definitely continue to keep you on your toes.

Checked out the brain quiz...I'm 31. I need to try it again to improve my score. I think?

Mrs. Who said...

Happy, happy birthday, VW! And keep young with those boys of yours. They crack me up!

(And I was '27' on that game...Yep, I could handle being that again!)

House of Zathras » Blog Archive » …and apparently I’m an unrepentant thief… said...

[...] It’s VW Bug’s birthday too. [...]

wRitErsbLock said...

how did I miss your birthday?
have a great day!

Sticks said...

Happy Birthday!

physics geek said...

Congrats, Val. Many more blogiversaries to come.

pam said...

Hey, I resemble that remark!! LOL!

Richmond said...

Happy Birthday!! And I wish you many many more... :)

Quality Weenie said...

Happy Birthday!

awtm said...

Happy Freaking birthday...

now tell us about black and white TV!!

vw bug said...

Pam, Marie, Oddybobo, Lee Ann, Mrs. Who, wRitErsbLock, Sticks, Physics Geek, Richmond, Quality Weenie, awtm... phew... Thank you all for stopping by! Oh Physics Geek, it's my birthday. I'm 44... not my blogs. Wow. That would be awesome if it was. Thank everyone again.

Teresa said...

I'm soooo late... as I said at Pam's... Let me stop in the act of coughing to wish you a very Happy *cough* *cough* *cough* Birthday *cough* *cough* *sneeze*

:-)

Kim @ What's That Sm said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

I have had a similar conversation with my son, but unfortunately it was in an aisle at Target.....

Bou said...

I suck. I'm a day late.

Happy Birthday!

diamond dave said...

Happy belated birthday! I suck too...

songstress7 said...

I got a 27 - a full decade younger than my body. Lemme at it again, I'll get younger! :D

T1G said...

Happy Very Belated Birthday!

And I got "20" on the game.