Monday, December 27, 2004

You Know You Have Acclimated to South Florida When

1. You go to North Florida, it is 28 degrees outside and you can’t believe you are still in Florida.
2. You turn on the cold water while in North Florida and almost freeze your fingers off.
3. You get cold feet and can’t get them warm.
4. BEFORE putting on a jacket, you put on more than one layer of clothing.
5. You turn on the hot water and freezing cold water comes out!

Hard to believe I lived in North Florida 16 years! Also hard to believe I use to think phone modems were great. After having DSL at home, this connection is SLOW. Going to post this and go play with my kids. Hope everyone is enjoying themselves!

3 comments:

Jody said...

It's all about the acclimation. Doug & I were in Minnesota, where I moved from, a couple of weeks ago. He said something about it being cold and I replied "It's only freezing (32 F)."

Yep, it's all what you're used to.

But I do agree about DSL. When we travel and are stuck using dial up it just seems to take forever! Thank goodness for WiFi & Starbucks!

Anonymous said...

No thanks! It's 57 here in Broward County today and I'm freezing!

Enjoy the REALLY cold weather! ;)

pamibe

Harvey said...

I'm still officially giving sympathy for any temperature below 32F.

Offer expires when I have to deal with 3 consecutive days where the high is a negative number.

Probably in late January :-/