Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I Can Count To Three!

Actually, #2 Son can count to three. He decided to show Mom and Dad he could do this at 3:30am this morning. The boy is an imp. He woke up at 3am, I gave him some water and put him back in his crib. He then proceeded to sit up. The deal in our household is that I tell you something and you get to the count of 3 to do it. Depending on what it is, the consequences vary… but after you understand what is being asked, usually it is a slap on the thigh or rear-end.

Here I am trying to get #2 Son to lay down, he sits up. I tell him to lie dawn and start counting to three and by three he usually lays down. After about 30 minutes of up/down up/down; he sits up and I say one. He says one. I say two. He says two. Now I’m starting to laugh. I barely get three out and he says three. Ok, I am cracking up. No way can I punish him while I’m laughing. So I pick him up and hold him. Then I hear my husband say in a very soft voice “one, two, three”.

Somewhere around 5am I finally get him back to sleep. Needless to say, my Husband got up and went to work and I decided to come write an entry for my blog. Oh, did I mention at 5:30am my #1 Son started calling for me? He is back asleep as well. Both should be up in about 20 minutes… life should be entertaining today.

1 comment:

vw bug said...

That sounds adorable! I wonder if my sons will do something similar when they are older?