Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Engineer or Artist?

The question is an interesting one for my #1 Son. Here are a couple of pictures where he lined up his cars. He does this all the time. But I found out the ‘Little People’ cars, he lined up with his Dad in the room and was very particular about this. Dad was not allowed to put the people in the cars and they could only go in certain cars. I looked, he got them where they ‘belong’ by the ‘Little People’ standard. With one exception and that is the bulldozer. It did not come with a person and he had an extra person that came with the zoo. So that person got put into the bulldozer. A side note: I saw him line up 23 of his cars the other day, side by side. Why? I have no idea, but I was told “No Mamma” when I tried to move one. Too Funny.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But…

He loves to paint. He will do this every day, every hour if I would let him. So here are a couple of pictures of him painting. I think I have close to 15 pieces of paper with odd color combinations on them from coloring or painting that I’ve kept. I’m thinking he might be one of those abstract artists.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

So Engineer or Artist? Maybe a creative engineer?

8 comments:

Harvey said...

I say engineer. Looks like he's trying to impose order on his universe through the power of parallel lines.

Which I consider a good thing. The world could USE more parallel lines :-)

Ogre said...

Engineer. If it's a creative engineer, then it's a computer programmer! Whee! Or maybe a llama herder...

Anonymous said...

At that age, my son used to take the cars, put them on the coffee table, and very slowly roll them back and forth, with his eyes at the edge of the table. I never could figure out what he was looking at. When he was 9, he put together an entire steel-tech airplane all by himself. (it was very complicated - but he did it all and never asked for help). Now he keeps Chinooks flying... he's very visually adept. *grin* Maybe your son will create cars when he's older.
-- Teresa

vw bug said...

Harvey: I think it is a good thing too, then again, I am an engineer. ;-)

Ogre: I prefer he become a Llama herder... I was a computer programmer for 7 years and I'm not sure that I want him to follow those footsteps. ;-)

Teresa: Cool! I can't wait to see what happens when he gets older!

Jen: I forgot the counting. Yep, I think both our boys are in the engineering frame of mind right now.

Though I did notice he LOVES to dance lately. GRIN.

Anonymous said...

This brought back great memories. Both my sons, but particularly my oldest (now 10) did very much the same thing. Since he has still has a lot of traits associated with being a first born you can probably look forward to the same.

- Dishonerable Schoolboy

Caltechgirl said...

I say scientist. Order with creativity and especially logic.... could be an engineer, but the logic makes me think scientist....

vw bug said...

Romeocat: Thanks for stopping by. Sigh, I didn't even notice he was using his left hand. Not very observant mom in this case. Long as I'm observant enough to stop him from making it over the fence. ;-)

vw bug said...

CalTechGal: I like scientist. That would be wonderful!