Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Climb

It amazes me how my sons can climb. I’m on the phone with Bou ranting about insurance and hearing about Fiona (the hamster), when I see #2 Son heading for the ‘fort’ and starting to climb the slide. While distracted with that, I turn to make sure #1 Son is ok. He was very quiet. And much to my surprise he is on the hood of my car. I go back to him and get him off the hood of my car. Then head over to #2 Son and get him out of the fort. Yep, he made it up the slide. I turn around just in time to see #1 Son on the ROOF of my car. Sigh. I give. I get him off the roof, get the other one out of the fort and get off the phone. Why? Because I have to figure out how to distract my two boys into doing something else.

#2 Son is not ready to be in the fort. Trust me on that one. I have seen him fall head first down the slide with me beside him to catch him. I certainly don’t want him in it without me next to him. #1 Son. I don’t want him on the roof of my car for multiple reasons.

Today is another day. Wonder what they will get into today.

5 comments:

Harvey said...

You worry too much. Boys bounce :-)

Jody said...

I think Harvey may be right. My nephews seem to...

Bou said...

Well, they do bounce, but sometimes something breaks while they bounce, like an arm. You've been lucky to date! No ER visits!!!

Harvey said...

Bah!

Pain builds character and chicks dig scars :-)

That 1 Guy said...

I don't know... the middle brother of our family bounced, and quite frequently. More than once off of his head.

He's more abnormal than the rest of us. :)