Saturday, December 04, 2004

Godzilla Strikes

We pulled out the train set and set it up yesterday. #1 Son loves to play trains. He has two engines and will work both controls. Sometimes to the detriment of the trains. But that is the least of the problems.

We have tracks over hills and bridges. We have a tree and a house. We also have … Godzilla! Who is usually called #2 Son. Yep, #2 Son turns into Godzilla when the train tracks come out. Picture this one year old boy with a very determined look in his eyes. You can hear this conversation going on in his head:

"I must step on the track, I must walk through the bridge. I must get to a train and push it over.

Oh wait, I must sit on the track and pick up the tree. What hit me in the butt? Neato, a train. Let me get that and hold it."


Sigh. It certainly keeps me busy trying to keep Godzilla off the track, keep the track together and let #1 Son do his own crashing of the trains. Mainly the crashing is due to #1 Son stopping one train to add another train car to it and forgetting to stop the second train.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Bou said...

Tis time for revenge! Muwahahahaha!!! Son#1 was the big man until... now!

Caltechgirl said...

Heh. My niece did the same thing at that age, only it was her then 4 year old brother's lego castle. He went around calling her "big giant [name]" and was thoroughly delighted to have a real life monster for his castle, that is until she discovered he liked it and wouldn't let him play without trying to knock it down....