Saturday, December 11, 2004

Christmas shopping at Home Depot

We went shopping at Home Depot last night. I wanted to get some Gerber Daisies to put out in front of our house and a gift for a neighbor.

Some background info on my neighbor: She keeps the kids busy while I’m mowing the lawn, occasionally she has gone to the Doctor’s office with me, and has helped me out on Dreaded Wednesdays. She is a wonderful gardener. She likes to have trees that bear fruit. She also has just about every fruit tree you can grow in South Florida. I noticed the other day it didn’t look like she had any Tangerine trees. Now I could have been wrong… she has mango, honeybells, oranges, grapefruit, and a variety of others I don’t know the name of… but I didn’t see Tangerine. So we got her a Tangerine tree from the boys. Yipeee… her Tangerine tree had died when we got flooded by the hurricane, so she needed one.

The best part was #1 Son taking his red wagon and hauling the tree all the way down to her house. I couldn’t believe he did it himself. He did NOT want Mommy’s help. This tree was about 3 feet tall and in a 5 gallon container. Certainly not a light load. It is about 200 feet down the road to get to her drive way (we live in the country). And he yelled for her until she came around the side of her house and told her it was her tree. I was so proud of that boy. He even whispered “Merry Christmas” to her.

Now back to those Daises. Next time, I’m checking the price on those things before I buy them. They were with other flowers that were a WHOLE lot cheaper. They cost me $3.50 each. Luckily I had only bought 4… but still. That is outrageous. Particularly when the chances are they aren’t going to last but a month at the most. GRIN.

2 comments:

Bou said...

I can just see him with that tree. What a yummy man!!!

Jody said...

That is so sweet. I bet he was adorable!