Monday, August 08, 2005

Seizing Your Property

This is a little twisted, ok, a lot twisted. While reading the Karnival of Kidz over at Susie's Practical Penumbra, I saw a trackback to the Right Hand of God that mentioned the KoK and the Carnival of Comedy. Unable to resist the temptation to see what would be listed on this blog, I had to go over and read some of the posts. And I found one on How to Keep the Government from Seizing your Property

Unfortunately, since many of you find yourselves living in states that could care less about silly notions as "private property" (i.e. Connecticut, California, or Red China), here is a handy-dandy guide:


How-To Guide to Keep the Government from Seizing your Property
(in no particular order)


Here is a sample from the guide:

3. Piranha-Infested Moat - Centuries ago, when people wanted to defend their land, did they look to Brinks Security or ADT? Heck no. They surrounded the castle with a moat, and poured burning oil on anyone foolhardy enough to cross it. As we already noted, however, oil is a bit pricey these days, and spraying your town council with the garden hose is unlikely to have the same effect (unless the Wicked Witch of the West is on your town council, in which case it's at least worth a try). To compensate for these changes, we suggest filling your moat with piranhas.


It kept me laughing. I was wondering if having 2 children, a husband, a dog and a pony would make it worth being considered living in a waste hazard. GRIN.

Go enjoy a fun read.

6 comments:

Susie said...

I love those two guys...they are a riot!

Citizen Grim said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words!! :D

Patriot Xeno said...

HEY! who are you calling twisted!?

citizen grim, you say?

i see. well, by all means, continue.

VW Bug said...

Hmmm. Actually I meant the way I got to your post, but looking back at what I typed... you can take it read it anyway you like. And I'll gladly take the blame. :-)

Peter said...

After four kids and a bunch of dogs, along with assorted other critters I suspect my place is safe. It would qualify for Superfund status but the EPA weenies just through up their hands in despair.

Harvey said...

Yeah RHOG is a great pair.

I've been watching them for quite a while. They're gonna be monster-huge by this time next year. Lotta talent there.