Thursday, August 11, 2005

Chicken Breast Casserole

Yes, another chicken recipe. This one I got from the Southern Heritage cookbook. It is rather bland but the family likes it and I usually have all the ingredients on hand ... even when we really need to go shopping.

Ingredients:

1 sm pkg spaghetti
4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
2 cups grated American cheese (I use whatever I have: Mozzarella, Cheddar)
1 medium onion
1/2 bell pepper
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of celery soup

Directions:

Cook spaghetti according to package directions and set aside. Cook chicken, set aside. Saute onion and bell pepper. Place a layer of spaghetti in a casserole dish. Then place a layer of pepper and onion, cheese, then another layer of spaghetti and more cheese. Have chicken cut in chunks. Place chicken on top. Mix together the celery soup and mushroom soup. Pour over the layers. Cook at 350F for 35 minutes.

2 comments:

David said...

Definitely making this one!

And thanks for the comment on my blog that reminded me I needed to check in over here. I hope my carnival submission wasn't too late... *sigh* One-a those days...

Thanks again for a great recipe. Right down my alley: tasty and easy.

Love it.

Blonde Sagacity said...

The Carnival of the Recipes: No. 52

Happy ONE YEAR anniversary to the Carnival!!! Many thanks to all the wonderful chefs that contributed to the Menu this week! (In a bit of unabashed blog nepotism...the House of Sage regulars are the House Specials.) I loved putting this together and ...