Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Humor for Dreaded Wednesday

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep--A Tired Mother's Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.
I pray I find a little quiet
Far from the daily family riot
May I lie back--not have to think
about what they're stuffing down the sink,
or who they're with, or where they're at
and what they're doing to the cat.
I pray for time all to myself
(did something just fall off a shelf?)
To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish--dead!)
Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)
And that I need not cook or clean...
(Well heck, I've got the right to dream)
Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,
But as I look around I know...
I must have lost them long ago!

4 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

Too Funny but too true! Hang in there. I hope you catch a break soon.

The Gray Monk said...

Well, it beats the alternative one I know ...

Now as I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
And if I die before I wake,
I'll cry to the Lord - MISTAKE, MISTAKE!

Sounds like the riotous pair are having a ball ....

Lukie said...

I look forward to Wednesday just to read your blog.

Bob Agard said...

This rang so true. I read it to my wife, who really appreciated it.