Friday, September 21, 2007

Dinosaur Munch

The other day I decided to get out the playdoh and have some fun with my boys. I have a couple of playdoh dinosaurs and Tater is really into dinosaurs. Much to my surprise (and I shouldn't have been), Tot was into dinosaurs as well.

At some point, Tater hollared at me to come around and see what his stegosaurus had done. I went over to see little pieces of playdoh piled behind it. Huh? Tater told me the stegosaurus had pooped! Oh wonderful (notice sarcasm).

Then they wanted baby dinosaurs. So I made some...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We also have a mold for some stuff. Puppies, trains, cars, teddy bears. I made a puppy. I was barking at the T-rex that Tot was playing with at the time. He asked for the puppy and I gave it to him. He proceeded to stuff it in the T-rex mouth and say "Yum yum".

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

He then took it out. Tater took off the head and laid both pieces down beside the T-rex and said that the T-rex had eaten the puppy. Tot thought it was not enough and proceeded to pick up the bottom and just stuff it in the mouth...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Oh wait... the T-rex was still hungry. Let's stick the head in as well...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The stegosaurus on the other had an eating frenzy on some plants and that is the mess you see below:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I was amazed how well they actually played together. And very proud...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Well, proud if you exclude the poop, the puppy eating and then the tongue contest. They wanted to see who had the longest tongue...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Then Tot made sure the T-rex won.... He told me it was going to be long enough to touch the table and it certainly did.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Ahhhh... children... they are good for entertainment.

8 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

What great fun! Lovely pictures too, as usual.

Marie said...

Tooooo cute!

Bou said...

Let me say, that all mothers of boys should see this post. I'm telling you, next year you'll be getting pictures from school with stick figures having had their heads and arms bitten off by sea serpants, blood flowing in the deep ocean, dismembered body parts here and there.

Not that I would know or anything... ;-)

Tink said...

Be thankful yours are only feeding dinosaurs instead of figuring out how to take the screws out of door knobs and jams.

The Gray Monk said...

Ah, the joys of children. My two girls managed to outdo their brother for gore on occassion.

sticks said...

Feeding puppies to dinosaurs today. Tomorrow they will be asking for a blender. Be warned.

Jody said...

You have amazing Play-Doh talents. I can make a snail.... :)

wRitErsbLock said...

looks like it was a fun time