Thursday, September 06, 2007

Growing Up

My boy is a Kindergartener. Wow. He has memorized his first 9 sight words, brought home some other work to finish and has had good behavior reports every day. He buckles his own strap, dresses himself (except for socks), brushes his own teeth and speaks quite well. While this didn't happen over night, it amazes me when I see it all put together.

Ever since I started carpooling and having him ride with me or my friend to school, he comes home much happier and tells me about what has happened. Like how he met a teacher named Coach. This teacher taught him about basketball. I loved it. He showed me how to hold your hands when dribbling. He loves computer time and he is nice to his classmates.

I got to have lunch with him this week. It was very special. I love my little (big) boy.

6 comments:

Marie said...

Go Tater!!!

All your hard work is paying off, Mom.

pam said...

Aaaawwww.... that's so sweet. Now print this out and put it on the fridge. Read it when he's 16 and telling you that he's a man and going to do exactly what he wants to do! ROFLMAO!

heh... sorry... :^P

Lukie said...

I remember these warm fuzzies when my son was in Kindertarten. Now I just feel so proud when he doesn't talk back. Which is not often.

The Gray Monk said...

Enjoy - the growing process accelerates from here ....

GUYK said...

That is GREAT VW and I'm proud of you..and when that boy grows up to be the prez I am gonna say it was all because of his momma..and I bet he does too.

Lemon Stand said...

I'm with GUYK. What a wonderful job!