Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tot is Just Like Mom

Or so Dad says.... the saying started at Christmas when we set up the Thomas The Tank Engine track for the new trains we bought. They all went at different speeds. This means eventually one of the trains would catch up with another. When ever a train caught up with the one in front of it, Tot would start fussing. He would head over to one of us and try to get us to 'fix it'. There were times when we thought he was going to cry over this.

There was another time after we got back home when my husband had some jeans thrown over the couch. Happy Dog laid down next to the couch and the jeans ended up touching him. Tot had a 'fit', walked over and grabbed the jeans. Dad moved the jeans and Tot settled down.

It gets better. One morning at breakfast, Dad gave the boys their milk. Out of habit, I give Tot the yellow topped sippy cup and Tater the blue topped sippy cup. Dad does not know about this habit. Tot let him know it was NOT acceptable to be given the wrong sippy cup. Tears, whining, and general fussing ensued.

Seems Tot is rather anal about certain things in his life. Dad swears he gets it from me. It is possible. Just try moving something to the wrong spot in my kitchen.

I just hope he doesn't turn out like Monk. Then again, I saw him eating some dirt today. I guess I won't have to worry about him becoming "Monk". I also hope this is just a phase we are going through and not a permanent issue. A short phase please!

9 comments:

Contagion said...

Hmmm, Tot and Clone would not get along... Clone likes to get into everything and move it out of place.

Oddybobo said...

Yeah, the boy likes to move things to see what my reaction will be, he and Tot would likely have issues.

VW Bug said...

Clone and Tater would get along. I'm waiting to see what happens when Tot finally starts talking. Glad they are going to have their own rooms.

Harvey said...

mmmm... dirt... :-)

Marie said...

Oh no, Monk doesn't like "nature!"

Very cute, that Tot!!

Sticks said...

Tot eats dirt and sniffs dogs backsides, no chance he will become Monk.

Jennifer said...

I think it's just a "thing" Connor won't let any of his food touch eachother, he all of a sudden doesn't like anything to be out of order. Or maybe he's going to be like Monk too. haahaha.

Bou said...

LOL! Nah, I have Monk with Son#2... ;-)

armywifetoddlermom said...

Dash, used to spend half of his day, irritated and screaming at "items in his World" being misplaced. Ughhhh, not so much any longer, although every once in a while the OCD will raise its ugly head.

Pink Ninja is nothing like this....

I am not sure if one or the other is easier, just different.