Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Growing Pains

Why is growing up so difficult. I hate it. But I love watching my children. Tater has decided he does not need to sit on the booster chair anymore. He is a 'Big Boy'. And once that happpened... Tot moved to the booster chair and out of the high chair. Sigh.

Which means they both sit at the table together. On the same side. I did it so I could watch both at once. What I didn't realize is how easy it would be for them to reach each other. Pinch, Hit, Take each others food, Push off the chair. All new games to add to each dining experience and mom's frustrations. Oh yes... A new level has been reached at this household. Any ideas on how to keep the fighting to a minimum?

6 comments:

Oddybobo said...

Sacrifice line of sight and sit between them.

Tink said...

Sit at the end of the table with one on each side. Make sure they are close enough to you though so you can knock them off the chair. harhar

Marie said...

My younger sister and I sat across from each other, where we could only make faces at each other. And we set up cereal boxes as a wall when needed...

That 1 Guy said...

You've gotta get between them. Or you're going to have to strap them, with arms at their sides, to the chairs, and then feed them yourself!

ktreva said...

I vote for Duct Tape.

caltechgirl said...

I vote for Tink's idea. Just keep them apart enough so that they can't reach each other's plates or arms.