Saturday, January 21, 2006

Like Totally Dude

Have you been to Disney World lately? No? You gotta go. Are you a total geek? Yes? Then you have to go check out the newest entertainment at Epcot. Turtle Talk with Crush. Totally awesome. This is Crush the surfer dude turtle from Nemo. My hubby and I are still discussing how they got Crush to talk to the kids. It is v.e.r.y interactive. Did you record a bunch of words and have someone type them in? How is he able to do the names of the children so well? Or is it someone on a microphone? Then how is the mouth of the turtle doing so well at moving with the words? I'm telling you... this is great for a geek as well as children under the age of 8. Not sure if older kids would really care.

And I can't let you go without showing you a picture of Tater and his Cousin Z. Here is a picture of the kids in front of the Living Seas:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

6 comments:

Richmond said...

Oh I loooove Crush! That sounds awesome! :)

Marie said...

How fun! I haven't been to Disney in many years. We'll have to make the trip when our little guy is a bit older.

michele said...

Glad to hear/see everyone had fun. I LUVD that surfer DUDE!

caltechgirl said...

I love Crush too. Awesome.

Tink said...

Being married to your best friend and the most awesome geek around, Pan said that he believes they have someone dressed in one of the suits with all the computer points (see how they made gollem in the LOFTR or JarJar Binks in SW if you don't know what I'm talking about). He is actually doing the moving and the talking. With a voice synthesizer you can make just about anyone sound like Crush. Love you sis.

Random Thoughts From Marybeth said...

Tomorrow the (Disney) World

Tomorrow the kids and I will be leaving for Walt Disney World. I want to thank VW Bug for being kind enough to answer my questions when I was trying to decide which hotel to make reservations for and for...