Friday, June 30, 2006

Mom To The Rescue ... sorta

While out back with the boys, I hear a cat meowing. Sounds like it is caught or hurt or has a sore throat... no matter, it doesn't sound good. The neighbors aren't home and it sounds like it is coming from their yard. Hmmm... they don't have a cat.

After a minute, I decide to go on a rescue mission. I tell the boys I'll be right back and hop over the fence. Now trying to find this noise isn't easy. First the neighbors have a batting area made of loose netting. And a fenced in pool. And bushes, lots of bushes.

After calling for the 'kitty' and trying to find the noise... I found it. I was very happy that it was at the neighbors and not my house. It was a frog trying to be eaten by a snake. Ok, the snake had a hold of a little piece of the frog and wasn't letting go. The snake's head was the size of a dime and the frog was as big as my fist. Very high aspirations for the snake.

Standing there, I decided it might be better if the snake dragged the frog elsewhere... I didn't want to hear it getting eaten and chances were the frog really was too big for the snake. Being the normal typical me, I touched the snake to make it move. It moved all right. And let go of the frog in the process.

I rescued one frog... sorta...

9 comments:

Rave said...

Do frogs have memories? Because if they do....this one's telling all his friends about the human giant who saved his arse- and they are all planning to hop on over to your pad later this week!

Quality Weenie said...

You touched it?

eweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tink said...

Bug the frog rescuer.

Moogie said...

Um...personally, I would have gone back home without doing anything. :) But I'm proud of you for saving a frog.

wRitErsbLock said...

yay for saving that hoppy froggy!

Sticks said...

a cat and a frog sound alike? Have you had your hearing checked lately?

Mrs_Who said...

You mean you didn't kiss the frog afterwards???

Marie said...

Ewww! I wouldn't have been able to touch either. Hope the snake found something more his size...

Bou said...

I remember when you and I used to go walking in the swamp and you'd see a snake in our way, pick up a stick and move it on its way. Although I'm not afraid of snakes... there was no way in hell I was going to pick it up either. :)