Sunday, June 25, 2006

Growing Boys

My sons have been very tired lately. Tired enough to take a nap or two. And if their eating habits show me what it is going to be like as they get older, I need to get 2 jobs just to feed these boys. Seriously. Tot ate a pork chop, rice and 3 (you read that right) bowls of oatmeal for dinner. For the life of me I can't remember all the stuff he ate during the day... but that night for a snack... yes he wanted a snack... he ate about 9 or 10 crackers... some with peanut butter on them. And Tater? 3 apples 30 minutes before dinner, a pork chop, rice, corn and he also had a snack that night.

Either I need 2 jobs or I need to learn how to grow fruits and vegies in large quantities. Luckily this is a growth spurt and should slow down. It is just weird that they are both going through it at the same time. Phew...

7 comments:

Tink said...

Growth spurt? Growth SPURT? Oh hahahahahahahaha.

Amy said...

I thought it would be just boys that ate like that, but I have found out different. My girls do the same thing.

Mrs_Who said...

Be glad they're willing to gorge on healthy food...when they're teenagers, they'll only want to eat pizza, burgers, fries, and cokes.

marybeth said...

Everyone tells you to start a college fund for kids, no one ever mentions the "how will I feed them when they're teenagers?" fund.

Marie said...

I hear you!! And I only have one! Do they like oranges?? Can you grown them?

Tink said...

I don't know about the hamburgers, pizza and hot dog thing. None of my kids really cared for them. They wanted the "real" stuff. Steak, roast, chicken, salad, broccoli, asparagus, etc. You know, all the expensive food, lol.

Bou said...

I tried to comment last night, but Munu was down. Bah! At least they are eating good filling food. Oatmeal, crackers and peanut butter... it'll fill 'em up. I'm just thankful we have kids that will eat. I have friends of my eldest's over and they are so picky, they won't eat squat. Annoys the stew out of me.