Saturday, October 02, 2004

What to say about the hurricane?

An interesting article in the Palm Beach Post was a list of questions that may come from out-of-town friends and relatives with suggested responses. I’ll give the example of the first one, but I would love to hear what you have to say for the rest.

1. So, who are you going to vote for in the election?
a. What you would like to say: I’ll vote for whomever gets my power turned on, or sends me a FEMA check the quickest
b. What you should say: Don’t we need power to run the voting machines?
2. What do you want for Christmas?
3. Seen any good movies lately?
4. Tried any good restaurants lately?
5. How’s work going?

Who knows, maybe I’ll use the best responses to the people asking me these questions!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

vw bug said...

Too funny. I love your response. My problem is that I'm one that speaks my mind as well. Hence I put it out here for others to come up with something. :-) Though I think I may use your response to how work is going over and over and over again.

Harvey said...

Who are you going to vote for?

Anyone, as long as they're not named Charley, Frances, Ivan, or Jeanne :-)

Ogre said...

1. So, who are you going to vote for in the election?
a. What you would like to say: There's an election?
b. What you should say: Bush.

2. What do you want for Christmas?
a. What you would like to say: A Hurricane-proof house.
b. What you should say: What have you got?

3. Seen any good movies lately?
a. What you would like to say: What else do you think we were doing with our generator?
b. What you should say: Hello, missing house?

4. Tried any good restaurants lately?
a. What you would like to say: Yes, the soup kitchen is great!
b. What you should say: You mean there's some open already?

5. How’s work going?
a. What you would like to say: Going? It went by that way last night, I'm not sure where it went from there.
b. What you should say: Are you offering?

vw bug said...

No voting Harvey, just good laughs and enjoying the fun. Thanks Orge! Great answers!