Monday, October 18, 2004

Monday Entertainment

You would think that sometime soon my brain cells would kick in and I would not continue to do stupid things. What did I do this time you ask? I signed my #1 Son up for “Story Time” at the library on Monday mornings. Like I don’t have enough going on that I’m going to add 1 more item to my todo list.

I must say I was proud of both my sons while we were there. I was amazed at the parents that let their children run amuck as this was going on. It wasn’t like the kids had to sit the whole time. There was dancing, singing, reading and coloring. Luckily it only lasted about 40 minutes. #2 Son was starting to get fussy sitting in the stroller that long while everyone else was doing something.

Overall, I think it was a good experience for #1 Son. He got to hear other children talking and interacting (whether it was good or bad). I noticed that he was watching the misbehaving children rather closely versus the good children. Now I just have to remember to repeatedly tell him what a good kid he is when he is behaving at “Story Time”, so he doesn’t think running around being obnoxious is acceptable.

Not like they aren't busy enough at home running around. They certainly keep me on my toes and I definitely don't need to be on my toes in public as well. ;-) ;-)

No comments: