Friday, October 22, 2004

Cheerios

Both of my boys love cheerios. I am very thankful for that. It’s a quick, easy snack that can be taken anywhere. Now #2 Son has started to feed cheerios to me. It seems like an innocent, sweet thing for a child to do. But I still remember this from #1 Son. Those wet cheerios are not necessarily wet from water or milk. You must watch your child VERY carefully. Why? Because those wet cheerios are likely to have been licked or even partially chewed. Turn your back for a second and you’ll never know how that cheerio got wet. So do you eat it or not? Me? No way. I did enough of that with #1 Son. I have learned how to nicely say no… like picking up a new cheerio and eating it instead. But today I was distracted by #1 Son and turned around to have #2 Son wanting to give me a cheerio. So cute. Wanting to share… so I ate it. Ehwwwwww. It was soggy. I just have got to remember not to do that.

4 comments:

Ogre said...

And as they get more mobile, you have to worry that it's NOT saliva that's making them moist. Ewe.

Harvey said...

[childless man runs away screaming in horror!]

Anita said...

You have even more to look forward to . . .later, they figure out that it would be even more fun to stuff whole handfuls of Cheerios into your mouth. Usually mixed in with other disgusting foodstuffs . . .

Bou said...

Harvey doesn't understand that it is not just childless men who run away in horror. Women with children, such as myself run away in horror too.

Just makes me want to gag out right. Blech.