Monday, October 11, 2004

Smells so Good

I am definitely a person who notices the smell of different items. It also can evoke different moods and memories. Smelling spaghetti sauce cooking or fresh bread baking causes a warm fuzzy. My Husband sweating after working hard, particularly house work, causes a lu-stful feeling. The smell of trees and flowers can bring back memories of growing up. When I was single I quit dating a man because he didn’t smell right. Cologne can mask some smells but not all the time.

Though the smells I remember most bring back good feelings or memories. And I have a new smell I have added to my collection – my children. There is nothing in the world like smelling a child just after his bath. My kids squirm to get away from me because I will just hold them and sniff their hair and neck. Of course sometimes it turns into a game and I make them laugh by sniffing like a puppy dog all over their face and neck.

Ahhhh. Life is good and after bath time it smells so good too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a dad who participates fully in raising my kid (I think I changed more diapers than his mom did, even though I worked outside the home and she didn't)... Yeah, I remember that smell and those games too. Wonderful.

Enjoy it while you can - they get so big so fast. Those joys will be replaced by other, equally wonderful ones, of course, but I think my 11-year-old son would have a major problem with me getting all nostalgic and trying to give him a bath and then nuzzling his neck afterward.

Jeff (Au fait)

Harvey said...

The smell of Beloved Wife's hair when I kiss her on top of the head.

That's the best :-)

vw bug said...

ROTFL. I was just taking care of a 12 yr old and 4 yr old. The 12 yr old is starting to be 'an adult' and assert independence. I was picturing his 6 ft in good shape dad, trying to smell his neck after a bath.... Too funny.

Bou said...

I love how my husband smells in the morning. I love rolling over when he's still sleeping and inhaling him.

That 1 Guy said...

Uh, Bou .... oh, nevermind!

(What a nice way to wake up!) :)

*snicker*