Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Kathy’s Biscuits

These biscuits are best made with bacon drippings. So save those drippings if you have them!

Ingredients

2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2-3 Tbspn melted bacon grease
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients*. Kneed until well blended, rollout and cut into biscuits.** Grease pan (I usually use the extra bacon grease to grease my square glass pan). Put biscuit into pan rubbing it into the grease and then flip it over. Continue until all biscuits are in the pan. Put the pan with biscuits into a 425 degree oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes.

* I usually save 1 Tablespoon bacon grease
** I usually use a 3” diameter circular cookie cutter. I also take any extra dough, reblend it, roll it out and cut any more biscuits I can get out of it.

No comments: