Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Repeat this phrase 20,000 times in one day – Help Mommy

Ok Ok, I know you are thinking, “why would Mommy need help?” Wrong question. This is my #1 Son saying one of his first 2 word phrases. When he needs help, he says “ep mommy” with an occasional “help mommy”. I’m hoping the H and L will come out more often than it does right now.

I was forewarned that once we started Speech Therapy and he started talking I would want him to shut up. What they didn’t tell me was why I would want him to shut up. His two most often used phrases are

1. Help Mommy
2. Come Mommy

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Yes, I am proud of him for increasing his vocabulary. Yes, I am proud he is starting to use 2 word phrases. But geeze, give a Mom a break. If he wants something he can’t reach it is “Come Mommy” and everything else is “Help Mommy”. I love him but I have got to get some more words in his vocabulary…

3 comments:

Harvey said...

Wait 'til he starts practicing his r's with "fart mommy" :-)

vw bug said...

I am very happy right this minute. Why? For 2 reasons, one that you don't live close enough to teach my son that and two that my Husband doesn't usually read my blog comments (because he would be teaching my son that).

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! Although usually at our house, it's just "Mommy!" Even if I'm standing right in front of he or she and looking right at that little person, I get "Mommy" 5 or 6 times. It does have its moments of just being adorable, but mostly I just want to change my name.

Angela