Thursday, January 25, 2007

Marshmallow Fun

Nothing like trying something new. I just couldn't resist trying to make marshmallows with the boys. Here is what the first round looked like:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

= = = =

And this is what was on my mixer:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

= = = =

It came out more like taffy than marshmallows. Though I notice the boys (including hubby) keep eating it.

The next round I made by myself came out light and fluffy... still very sticky - not taffy sticky. But much better. Not so 'compacted' either, it filled the whole pan easily. Nope, not sure what I did differently. No telling when the kids are helping me. I must have misread something somewhere on the first go round.

6 comments:

Rave said...

You're MAKING marshmallows? Okay- you get the MOTY award for that one!

(Although I will have to say, I used to have the kids help and we made taffy and such all the time, when they were little)

Lemon Stand said...

All I can think of is MY 4 kids who are all ADHD, high on all that sugar. **shudder**

Marie said...

It never occurred to me to MAKE marshmallows. WOW!

Tink said...

And do you rememeber why we started learning to make marshmellows?

vw bug said...

Yep, because NavyNuke couldn't have preservatives and food coloring. I believe mom made them so he could have marshmallows in his hot chocolate.

Eve said...

I've never tasted marshmallows. What is the recipe?