Thursday, September 01, 2005

White Turkey Chili

(from Marie)

It's getting to be football season. In NY, that means cool evenings, changing leaves, and chili. Mmmm! I'm not a football fan, but I love chili. And this one's mighty tasty... for this week's Carnival of the Recipes.

White Turkey Chili (Serves 6)

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
3/4 lb ground turkey
salt & pepper to taste
1 can cannellini beans, drained
1 can corn with red and green peppers, drained
1 16-oz jar salsa
1 15-oz can tomatoes with garlic and onion

(instructions in extended entry)


In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook till translucent, add turkey and brown, salting and peppering to taste if you'd like (I skip this seasoning). Drain, then blot meat with paper towel to absorb excess grease.

Add the rest of the ingredients and heat till bubbly and completely heated through.

I serve this with a little grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.

Mmm! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Ogre said...

That's some GOOOOOOD stuff right there!

Andy said...

My main gripe with the Carnival of Recipes is that half the things are so exotic, I dont have any of the ingredients, so thank you for an actual recipe I can make!

ArmyWifeToddlerMom said...

this sounds delish, and I want a pot brewing on my stove....

Sissy said...

Have you ever tried it without the beans? I'm not a big fan of beans. But the rest sounds awesome!

Citizen Grim said...

Im not a huge fan of beans in chili, but it seems empty without them, so I just cut the suggested amount in 1/3rd and it usually comes out great.

GUYK said...

Sound's good except for the turkey part. I've seen what them things will eat! No just funnin'. I do make a pretty good pot of chili-but it is the type of Chili that came from Chili came from-Texas. But Chili without a lot of grease is just not Chili to me and I don't make it much anymore. Plus it is hard on the other end the next day!