Monday, November 15, 2004

Update

It's me, Bou. VW has asked me to post for her tonight. If you read the previous post, you will understand why.

Her father was sent home this afternoon so he could live his last hours and days in his own home around family. He is not lucid at this point. Hospice is sending a full time nurse starting tonight or tomorrow morning and doing what Hospice does best, they will keep him out of pain while offering support to the family.

VW also asked me to please thank everyone for their comments, thoughts and prayers. She greatly appreciates all of it.

I wish I could put into words what a wonderful man her Dad is. Gentle and sweet, he always brings warmth and laughter with him. I am praying tonight that he does not suffer and that VW and her family continue to be comforted by all of our prayers and positive thoughts.

3 comments:

Harvey said...

{hug}

That 1 Guy said...

(hug) ...............

(hug)

Anonymous said...

Just a few words about VW's dad. Like Tom I am retired Air Force and a long time friend of VW's dad and mom. Tom and I have known each other since about 1953 when we were both stationed in Puerto Rico. His sickness is
heartbreaking to me since I lost my wife last month due to cancer. My wife and I were married on Guam in 1972 and Tom and Sylvia stood up for us at a last minute wedding (details of which I will not go into at this time). Also VW was the young girl that managed to find us a chaplain at the last minute to marry us. Tom is like a brother to me and has always been a good and faithful friend. I will miss him. Bill Barrett