Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Foot Size

Ready for this? I think my 2 year old (#1 Son) will be wearing my shoes by the time he is … 3? And #2 Son is not far behind. #2 Son was only a ½ size smaller for is first shoe than #1 Son. I have high hopes that #2 Son can wear #1 Son’s shoes in the future… at least until they get old enough to complain about it.

Here are 2 pictures of my #2 Son’s shoe, #1 Son’s shoe and my shoe lined up. Unbelievable. For those out there who don't know what size I wear, it's a size 6 wide.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

7 comments:

Jovianne said...

My oldest wears a 13, my youngest a 12-1/2. Of course they are ages 27 & 19 respectively.
I can remember days when I didn't think their feet would ever stop growing!!!

Tammi said...

I love this post.

I remember when my oldest granddaughter was in a growth spurt. I have "extra large" feet (saying being, if they were any smaller I'd fall over) and everyone was scared to death she'd pass me by the time she was 9!!!

What a wonderful memory

Anonymous said...

Oh, VW, those are precious pictures. I wish I had thought of it. I just can't believe how fast they grow. Where has the time gone?

BTW, your babies are just beautiful.

Angela

Bou said...

You really do have the tiniest little feet! I think Son#1 will catch up with you in no time. Every time I'm at your house and I see your shoes I wonder who the little person is that left their shoes with you!

vw bug said...

Jovi: I can't think about their shoes getting that big. I'll be buying shoes Forever...

Tammi: Thanks!

Angela: Ahhh Shucks. Glad you like them.

Machelle: I can feel for you. One of my sister's has a size 2 foot. She has to buy through catalogs. She use to be able to buy the 'store displays' but they don't make them smaller any more.

Anonymous said...

You can always let your kids know they have a "strong foundation". My son has been wearing an adult size 13 this summer and he is only 11. He of course thinks it's great.

Regards,
Cin in SoCal.

vw bug said...

Whoa. Size 13 already? How many shoes sizes did you buy in a year? Guess I ought to be saving some extra money for shoes. And I love the 'strong foundation', I'm sure I will be using that in the future.