Monday, November 29, 2004

Three Molars

I had so many different titles for this – 2:30am to 6am, Sleep Deprivation, and more. But basically I have run into a problem with getting any sleep the last couple of days. My #1 Son has 3 of his 2 year old molars coming in at the same time. I didn’t realize when he said his mouth had an owwwwie, how bad the owwwwie was until yesterday. I finally made him point to exactly where this owwwwie was happening. And I bravely stuck my finger in his mouth. I found 3 of the 4 molars are breaking skin. The one that hurts him the most right now is the one that is about ½ way out. The other two have just broken skin and I’m sure will be next on the list. It seems to be causing him to wake up at night. His sinuses are running and causing pressure on those top molars coming in and the inability to breath. Sigh.

#2 Son isn’t much better. He is waking up twice a night and all I hear is gas, burb, gas, burb. Moan. I think he has another tooth coming in as well.

Sleep… I need some sleep. GRIN. I know, I know, another 2 years and I’ll get more than 3 hours of sleep at night.

5 comments:

Harvey said...

EEP! My face hurts just READING about this :-)

Jody said...

So you're tellin' me that I will be sleep deprived for at least 5 years?!?! That's it... we're only having one!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't hurt me if this is a stupid question. Have you tried Anbesol Jr? It may not provide complete relief, but it should help. I remember having problems like that one time when my in-laws were visiting. One morning she asked if the problem might be his teeth (I didn't even suspect). We started using Anbesol and he slept much better.

I hope this helps. Good luck - Angela

vw bug said...

Jody: My understanding is if you have them further apart, it is not so bad. But my #1 Son did not start "sleeping" through the night until he was almost 18 months old. Hopefully you are having better luck. ;-) And my problem is #2 Son is following in his footsteps. So when they BOTH wake up, it makes for a VERY VERY long day. Luckily there are only 4 molars that they get between 2 and 3 years of age. And he is getting 3 at once... only 1 to go. On the other hand, #2 Son is taking his f'in time getting his teeth in. He only as 7 teeth so far.

Angela: I appreciate the input. I did ask my pediatrician about that when #1 Son first started getting teeth (my sons seem to be difficult when getting teeth - run temps, fussy, won't sleep, lots of runny noses). He said it would be best if I didn't use it. A VERY small percentage of children react to it, so if I could try and do without it, then do so. So ice, motrin, tylenol, benedryl and lack of sleep are my way of life right now. It will get better, but I'm going to Complain about it some!

Caltechgirl said...

Lots of popsicles. Yummy. If they were any older (a.k.a. trustable not to swallow) I'd also recommend frozen chewing gum (saved me much pain during the braces and wisdom teeth periods).

Anything with ice is good. I also like the benedryl idea. Hadn't thought of that one.