Monday, December 04, 2006

Busy, Sorta

Was busy yesterday with the family. Was busy Saturday with the family. That's a story by itself, if I can find time to write it. Then I remembered something last night as I sat down at the computer...

The School newsletter is due on Tuesday. Uhhhhh. I'm the person who puts it all together. Not just the editor, but all the different positions except for writer (and I even do some of that). Only 500 pictures to look through and see if they are usable. I made it through about 200 last night. And look what I found:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

Yep, a picture of Tot when he had his school party. I was a 'horrible' mother that didn't bring gift bags for everyone in the class. Just cookies and snacks. Tsk tsk. I still would like to know who started that stupid idea that you have to bring gifts for everyone when it is your kid's birthday. They didn't bring gifts for him. Yaaaa. It's a sore point with me. I hate that stupid idea.

Oh... I'll try to get more written up tonight if I can finish the newsletter before 10pm. ;-)

7 comments:

That 1 Guy said...

Hmmmm... you got him in a "Future Democrats of America" school?

Lemon Stand said...

In our town elementary school, NOBODY gets to have a birthday party durning school hours and invitations for ANYTHING can not be given out unless EVERYONE in the class is invited.

He looks so sweet there!!!!

bobby said...

Hosting a birthday party is enough VW. Presents for everybody nonsense!

Bou said...

I never did that gift bag thing. I only did snacks for everyone. Pulease. And my kids went to that same school!

Rob said...

I hear about these gifts for the first time...

Harvey said...

Always hated that "bring treats for everyone on your birthday". It just completely misses the point of having a birthday in the first place, which is to get cool stuff :-)

Mrs_Who said...

As a teacher, I HATE treats for everyone. Even cupcakes throw the kids into a sugar-induced high that wrecks the afternoon. I give the kid a birthday certificate, a birthday pencil, sing happy birthday, and he gets to wear the 'birthday' vest.

That's plenty for school. Recognition without putting anyone out.