Thursday, August 24, 2006

Skort? What's a Skort?

Getting Tater's outfits ready for school I realized I was short on shorts. I needed at least 3 or 4 more nice looking pair of shorts. What I didn't realize that even in Florida with a Heat Index of 102... they put all the shorts away and get out 'fall clothing'. Seriously. We went to Kid's Gap, Sears, Target, Toys 'R Us... and walked away with 2 pair of shorts. It sucked.

Then again, I ended up laughing at myself before it was over with... I must remember that I don't shop that much for boys. I have gotten many hand-me-downs from Bou and haven't had to shop. Thank goodness.

I was jumping up and down for joy when I finally found a pair of 'uniform' shorts at Kid's Gap. Literally. Must have looked crazy. I ran and found Tater, told Hubby and off to the fitting room. Off with the shoes, the shorts and on with the new shorts. eeerrrttttt. Stop. These shorts didn't have a divider in the middle for 2 separate legs. Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk. I picked up a skirt. Sigh. I took it off, held it up. Yep, it looked like shorts. Looked inside, and it was a skirt. I put a skirt on my son. Goodness. I really need to pay better attention. At which point, I got Tater dressed back in his clothes, put the skirt up and found Hubby and Tot. I told him what happened. We both laughed. Only me.

5 comments:

Ogre said...

You have scarred him for life. I hope you're happy. ;)

And it's nice to see a female complain about the sorry S.O.B.s that put out clothes for the NEXT season! Teach and I (Pirate's Cove Teach) have often complained because we men don't work that way. When it's cold, we need a coat. We want to buy a coat. But you can't! In January, all the bathing suits are in stores!!!

Marie said...

Do you have Kohl's down there? Their summer clearance racks are seriously huge. At least here. If you let me know size & style, I can keep my eyes peeled.

nEo said...

That is funny ! It sounds like an episode of Seinfeld when Jerry's mom asked him about the time she accidentally sent him to school with coolats on.

:)

michele said...

You can find the shorts you want online, especially at amazon.

And I experienced first hand that heat index of yours for a whole week so I know of whence you speak.

Lori said...

I always had good luck with Lands End online for any type of uniform thing I needed. I think you can buy shorts year round from them and they last and last! Happy shopping.