Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Crunchy Big Butts

Caught your attention? Caught mine when I was reading a Discovery news post.

The first loud crackle tastes and feels like popcorn, but by the time the juices spray wildly in your mouth and the filament-like legs slide down your throat, there's no mistaking this toasted ant queen.


Yaa... that just about made me barf... then I read this:

"In France, they're so highly regarded people started calling them the caviar of Santander," said Stephane Le Tirant, curator at the Montreal Insectarium.


Ok... I guess I'm just not 'classy' enough. I can't imagine eating chocolate covered big butt queen ants.

6 comments:

Tink said...

Yuck.

Marie said...

GAH!

Richmond said...

Oh gross!!

Mrs_Who said...

Damn French...and they laugh at OUR tastes!!!

Sticks said...

Oh yeah. I can't wait to see the google hits you get for this post. Big Crunchy butts--he he.

michele said...

wow, that would just about make anyone in the western hemisphere hurl!