Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dentist Time

Tater had his first dentist visit yesterday. Wow. This is one proud Momma. He did not go to a children's dentist. He went to my dentist. The sterile rooms, the white walls and all.

He sat down, she started lifting the chair and before it made it to the top, he had his mouth open and ready to have his teeth counted. Yaaaa.

The dentist checked his teeth, the hygienist counted them, and polished them. Tater was great. The hygienist was wonderful as well. She let him see and touch all the equipment before it went into his mouth. And let him hold and use the 'suction' when it was necessary.

And a huge THANKS goes to Bou and my dental office. Bou kindly let me bring my boys to see her Son#2 get his teeth cleaned last week and it was ok with the hygienist as well. Yaa, we go to the same dentist. She suggested I go to her dentist after I had some bad experiences.

She also brought Son#2 and Bones to be there with Tater when his teeth were getting cleaned. I was happy that she was a little late because Tater climbed up into the chair and got started without them. They arrived just in time. He was just starting to get nervous when they showed up. Suddenly it was fun again. So much fun that Tot was starting to yell "My Turn, my turn".

Yaa. I'm proud of my Tater. Great job son!

5 comments:

wRitErsbLock said...

hmmmm... I remember dental discussions at WDW.

glad it went so well.

Bou said...

They were SO CUTE!!! We all loved it. And starting early with a positive experience is a BIG PLUS.

Richmond said...

Oh Yay!! Good for all of you!

Amy said...

I took my girls to a child's dentist the first few time, but he kinda freaked me out. In a bad way. I decided to take them to my dentist who has GREAT hygenists. The girls love it! They do the same thing with the suction thingy...

Marie said...

Hooray hooray!!! Great job, Tater. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to the first trip to the dentist...