Thursday, May 04, 2006

Part 1 - Sleep Issues at Wally World

Too much happened to put it all in one post. I'll start with our sleeping arrangements. And some far distance memories. Before Kids (BK), I was a planner. An organizer. Someone who paid attention to details. All that has changed. And here is a great example of that...

I got a special deal for Florida Residences / Passholders at Disney for the Fort Wilderness Cabins. It could sleep 6. It had a 'kitchen'. I was psyched. I looked at the pictures and it looked like everyone slept in the same 'area'. 2 queen beds (one was a murphy) and a bunkbed. Kids could sleep on one queen, mom and dad on the other and M could have her choice of bunk beds.

Remember that person who use to r.e.a.d. and pay attention to details. She's gone. I missed the part about one queen and the bunk beds being in a separate room. Oh yes folks... that was NOT the layout I wanted. My kids are too young to be on a top bunk.

Now let me explain a little about the sleeping arrangements at home... I put Tot to bed and he doesn't like to be touched when falling asleep. Hubby puts Tater to bed... and Tater likes to be touched as he is falling asleep. Are you catching on to the problem here? Two kids, one single bed and difference sleeping patterns. The first night we didn't get the kids to sleep until after 9:30pm... and they woke up off and on all night. Here is a picture of the 'darlings' (click to enlarge):



= = = =

The next night was again an after 9pm sleep time... and Tot successfully pushed the bed rail off and fell to the floor. At 3am. Sigh. You are catching on to what is happening here right?

Yaaa... we were tired. All of us. But we did have some fun. I'll be posting some more pictures in the next day or two and stories of the fun times we had!

4 comments:

oddybobo said...

OOO but they are darlings! Get some rest dear.

Marie said...

Bummer... good to be home to your own beds, huh?

They are so precious!

Ogre said...

You know, it would have been much easier to just start with one on the floor in the beginning...

Richmond said...

Oh Boy. Hope everybody's resting up now!