Sunday, December 18, 2005

O Christmas Tree

Here is a picture of our Christmas tree:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

That's right family, I bought my first cut tree. It has a huge hole on one side, it's only 4 feet tall to the top while in the stand, it's dropping needles, the stand cost more than the tree and the tree has no smell. Sigh.

The kids love it and the dog hasn't pee'd on it yet. I would say that would make it a success!

Hope to decorate it today... more pictures this week of what we did this weekend.

Pssst: AWTM, what kind of tree is it?

7 comments:

armywifetoddlermom said...

Ity looks to be an Eastern White Pine, although I am by no means, an arborist, or qualified. I am no good at identifying baby pines, or firs....

damn....

someone must know...

very cute, and and a word of caution re: the cast iron stand....they smart if dropped on your foot...

Harvey said...

I think it's good that you're easing your way into this whole "live tree" thing with something small :-)

Michele said...

Whatever kinda tree it is, one thing's for sure, it's cute!

I agree, great first starter tree.

Contagion said...

Live trees are the only way to go. How you found one that has no smell is beyond me.

Bou said...

That baby tree needs a little hamster to go with it...

oddybobo said...

Awe. I like it!

VW Bug said...

Thanks Teresa: It is either a Douglas Fir or a White Fir. Doesn't look that white to me.

Bou: Go jump in a lake. No hamsters at this house for a while. Even if she is pregnant, don't look at me!!!! And keep that idea away from my hubby!