Thursday, December 08, 2005

Big P

Big P, little p
What begins with P?
Painting your Pajamas Pink
P.. p... p...

That is what first comes to mind when I hear Big P... Dr. Seuss' ABC book**. Then comes to mind next is what this post is about... Tot's got Big P diaper at night. My son wakes up too often in the middle of the night. One day my mom suggested it might be his diapers. While talking to Bou about it, she mentioned the pull ups keep you feeling a little wet. I switched to the old velcro diapers. Since he already wears the largest diaper you can buy (5t/6t), I wasn't able to get a bigger size at the same time. It seems this has helped. We now make it to about 4am. I am still unable to figure out where all that P comes from at night. I change him all day long, and still he stores that P up some where. Where? In his right leg?

The question is ... should I try changing his diaper before I go to sleep? Chances are he must have P'd in it at least once. It will have been 2 hours since his last diaper change. Will that get us till 6am? Or am I kidding myself?

**Note: I am too lazy to go get the book and look up the passage... it may not be exactly right.

6 comments:

Marie said...

Painting pink pajamas... policeman in a pail... Peter Pepper's puppy and now papa's in the pail. (may not be right either... I'm going from memory -- we read this book daily at our house!)

Interesting about the pee-pee diaper. I wonder if a different brand would make a difference? I use cheapo diapers during the day sometimes but make sure to use the Huggies at night. I think they hold more & are better at pulling the moisture away from him.

Man, this has to suck! I can relate though... I usually have to get up during the night to pee!!

Contagion said...

Clone does the same thing. We have to change him into a regular diaper right before he goes to bed or he'll be up and ready for a changing bright and early.

BTW, I think this is punishment for you denying them the joys of snow.

oddybobo said...

I wondered this too. We just switched to regular diapers and it seemed to help. But the Boy is now potty trained and he'll get up in the middle of the night to pee.

Ogre said...

Another suggestion -- which you've probably already tried, but don't take it as me insulting you as an idiot -- try limiting his liquid intake after supper each evening.

VW Bug said...

Ogre: It is a good suggestion and we do limit his intake. I swear he just manufactures this stuff from breathing air.

Contagion, Marie: Yep, since I want back to the ol' diapers versus pullups, he at least sleeps til 2 or later. Before he was up every 2 hours. Sigh.

Bou said...

I think its the age. I think when you get him potty trained and he pees before he goes to bed, it'll help.

Son#2 was like that.