Friday, May 13, 2005

Day 2 of the trip

What a time I am having. There are NO drivers for my camera that work on my Mom's machine. Which means I will have to describe stuff in words. UGH. There is a reason why I became an engineer and NOT a writer. It also explains why you get lots and lots of pictures. GRIN.

Tot finally fell asleep at 2am this morning. Tater work up at 4:30am. It started on the wrong foot (gee, I'm tired and I can't imagine why I would be irratible at 4:45am). Tater would NOT shut up and go back to sleep. I finally told him he could talk but he had to whisper (and yes he knows how to do this). He told me No. A time out occurred in another room. Yep, I got up, got him up and off we went. At 5:30am, Tot woke up.

You can tell where this is going can't you? Probably not. I took a deep breath, decided not to kill my children (figuratively), and planned a couple of things for the day. I should know better by now, but I don't. We went to Walmart and the library. The trip to Walmart was the trip from hell. I left with most of the stuff I needed (including bubble wands and bubble stuff for the kids to play with outside) but not the stuff I really wanted... like another pair of shoes for Tot. Who just cannot stay out of the water. He has the instinct to find water that is unbelievable. And how he can get it on his feet is BEYOND me.

Tater has been good most of the day and is napping. Tot waited for 3 hours before going to sleep. I will not go into ghastly detail of trying to get him to sleep. There are reasons why I don't like taking trips and this is one of them. There are reasons why I take trips, like getting to see my mom that helps me put it in perspective. Of course this usually happens hours later. GRIN.

Gotta go wake Tater up, so he will sleep tonight. He has been asleep an hour and half. That's enough. Also, we have a surprise for him. Mamaw filled up a small kiddie pool with water. Since it is 90F outside, it should be fun.

Hope everyone is doing well. Not doing much blog surfing... not much time. As soon as we get a routine worked out... I'll visit more. Ohhh. And I have another surprise to tell you about tomo

No comments: