Saturday, March 05, 2005

What do you sleep with?

If you are a child, you usually sleep with a stuffed animal. Not my children. #1 Son likes to sleep with a sippy cup. #2 Son has recently taken up with a kid’s trowel. (see right hand in picture – click to enlarge)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

At first, the sippy cup bothered me but I got over it. On the other hand, I have decided that the trowel was definitely not the right toy to sleep with. It is hard plastic, with a point. And he is only 17 months old. #1 Son didn’t start sleeping with the sippy cup until he was close to 22 months. Old enough not to get hurt with it.

I have used many different tricks over the last couple of days to get rid of this toy at night time. But it hasn’t been easy. I was talking to my Mom about this and heard this story about me:

When I was young I had a pet rock. It was about 8 inches long and 2 to 3 inches in width, egg shaped. I use to sleep with it. Sigh, I guess that means sleeping with odd things will be a ‘normal’ thing for this family.


So what did you sleep with as a child? Or what are your children sleeping with?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sleeping-buddy was just a Teddy Bear. Albeit a pretty cool one. His belly openned up, and written on fabric pages was the story of Goldilocks the three bears. My Mom's still got him in storage for me.

Thanks for the memory.

Anonymous said...

Stuffed bunny, with one ear missing :-)

Jennifer said...

Okay it's early and I'm still not actually awake yet. But as I read this I kept reading "towel" I looked at the picture, and said I don't see any towels? Then you described it. haha. Okay. I'm awake now.

Connor has a stuffed animal Froggy. If Froggy was not in a good mood today he chooses a teddy, or a leopard. This only came habit once Megan was born. Also he wakes up in the middle of the night collects as many things as he can and goes upstairs to sleep with my mom.

Bou said...

I slept with an eeyore. His tail was buttoned on so you could take it off. I still have it.