Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Note Home

Yesterday was an interesting day. The kids were tired and grumpy from not enough sleep and too much activity on Halloween. I was happy that they both were going to be in school. Particularly Tot. I warned his teacher in the morning that he was frustrated because I wouldn't let him wear Tater's superman costume to school.

Later, when I went to pick him up... she told me to get the note out of his cubby. ???? (Side note: the kids must hold onto a rope as they go from one building to another to stay in line) And here is what it said:

"While we were in line to go to Story Time, Tot kept jumping up and down and pulling the rope. He fell into a chair. He didn't cry but I wanted to let you know. We had to remind him to ba a good listener. Call if you have any questions"


Folks, these are good teachers. They can handle just about anything. I thought I was going to LOL when I read it. When I went back to talk to her about it, she mentioned that she wanted me to know in case Tot said anything to me. This was the first time they really had to reprimand him. Also, because he had fallen. (Which is why I think I got the note) She said about 4 other kids got notes as well. She thinks it has to do with Halloween... candy, going to bed late, the excitement.

Now how many folks out there have gotten notes home for their 3 year olds??? I saw this POST from Bou and might just have to call her and ask what age were the boys when 'the calls' started.

4 comments:

oddybobo said...

I got "a note" sorta from my sitter - she called and said "Boy has had too much candy the last four days, he was practicing his best Superman off the couch and cried when he hit the floor. He told my husband I beat him. I wanted you to know I did not!" *snicker* mostly cause I soooo would have probably beat him if I were her. . .

Michele said...

Let's see, my pumpkin got several notes home and a few timeouts without notes starting at 3 because he said the class was "boring" and would walk out. By 1st grade I got a number of notes, several meetings with the school counsellor, and a request for ADD evaluation. This year the naughty scale has a wider range (5 levels as opposed to 3) and so far he's only had 2 "Yikes" notes home. Just seeing the "Yikes!" at the top of the page makes me want to crack up.

I want to laugh at these, because they are for his disheveled and slovenly look when he comes in from recess after lunch - he's the poster boy for a tide commercial.

Good luck with the straight face.

Richmond said...

Oh boy... And Halloween keeps getting more and more interesting as they get older.

As does the "day after". *sigh*

Bou said...

First month of school at the school you have Tater and Tot attending, I had to meet with the director because Bones bit someone. Loved that.

He wore his Hulk costume to school once a week every week for the entire year, when he wasn't wearing his Indian costume, which Tater should be receiving in 3 weeks. Ask Tater's teacher about Bones and Hulk... Hell ask any teacher that was there when he was, including the director! They all remember... ;-)