Tuesday, November 14, 2006

70 Years In the Making

Definitely not one of my better weeks. Considering my mom turns 70 today and I didn't even get a birthday post out for her until now. Luckily, having been a mother, she understands the insanity of kids. Phew.

This is the woman you should never challenge in Trivial Pursuit, she'll whip your arse. She reads everything she gets her hands on to, keeps up with the news and politics and has been alive for 70 years. Yaa... I would love to see her on 1 to 100 or Jeopardy.

I remember as a child, her doing cartwheels in the yard with us... and backbends. Yikes! I can't imagine doing that with my boys.

She is also the mom that gave Tink fishing worms to play with to keep her busy. Yep, she is full of surprises.

Thanks for bringing me into this world (even if I was an accident). I appreciate all the love and nurturing you gave me. I hope I can do equally as well for my boys.

Happy 70th Birthday!

10 comments:

GUYK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VW's MOM !!

By the way..I am back home on sweetthing's half acre.

Harvey said...

I wanna visit just for the worms :-)

Happy Birthday!

Sissy said...

Heh...even if it wasn't an accident!

Happy Birthday!

pam said...

Happy 70th Birthday, VW's Mom! :)

michele said...

Yes, Happy Birthday and many, many more!

YOu haver some really wonderful kids there. I really enjoy their blogs and how smart and interesting they are. Now based on VW's description I see where they get it!

Hope you get to celebrate over and over!

Mrs_Who said...

Happy Birthday to a woman almost twice my age, but I would have to work twice as hard to keep up with her!

sticks said...

Happy Birthday MOM! Thanks for raising me too. I always had great fun and fantastic food when I stayed over your house. Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady.

Bou said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Marie said...

Happy birthday Mom!!!

Lemon Stand said...

Happy Birthday!!!! My Mom turned 69 on 13th of November and I wouldn't mess with her either!!!!