Friday, November 03, 2006

Charity - Project Valour IT

Very seldom do I mention charity on my blog. Nor do I ask you to send money or do much of anything. Trust me, I have 3 or 4 I give to ... from helping animals to helping people. Then comes along Project Valour IT. I supported it last year and I will do it again this year. Since I have family in every branch (or have been in every branch), I will show the 'overall' donations.

First I will show the Air Force donations and with it will be a button to donate to the Air Force Team. Yep, my dad was in the Air Force, you couldn't expect anything else... now could you? BTW, Even one dollar makes a difference.

A difference for what?
Project Valour-IT, in memory of SFC William V. Ziegenfuss, provides voice-controlled laptop computers to wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand and arm injuries or amputations at home or in military hospitals. Operating laptops by speaking into a microphone, our wounded heroes are able to send and receive messages from friends and loved ones, surf the 'Net, and communicate with buddies still in the field without having to press a key or move a mouse.


You can even use the excuse found in the Day by Day Cartoon. (sorry folks, I couldn't figure out how to display the cartoon... you'll have to follow the link.)





For more information check out the Project Valour IT website HERE.

2 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

AHHHHH VW, You ROCK!!!! I just finished up the final touches on my own...er....challenge of sorts over on my blog. :o) I had to rush it and couldn't figure out how to put the counter in there.

Laurie said...

Thank you so much for participating!