Monday, February 07, 2005

Sugar Cookies, Superbowl, Spitting, Sickness

These items kept me from posting this weekend. The one I really wanted to post about was the spitting. Did anyone else have a son that went through a spitting stage? If so, how long does it last???? My #1 Son came home Thursday from school and kept making these horrible sneezing / hacking sounds and then drool came out of his mouth. It took me a little while to realize, he was trying to spit. He was doing it on purpose. It was GROSS. Either I want him to spit right or not at all. I have no clue how to teach a kid to spit ‘cleanly’. Consequently, it is no spitting at all. I am open for suggestions on how to handle this situation.

The other items will be posted about later, except Superbowl. All I have to say is what a sad day... so close and yet so far for the Eagles.

UPDATE at 10:40am Found a good site for seeing those commercials, particularly for those of us who missed most of the game. SuperBowl Ads

6 comments:

Harvey said...

Heh. I'll bet Graumagus has several home-made instructional videos on the topic :-)

Ogre said...

Give him some Copenhagen so he can really get a good spit up!

And just some advice -- next time you're participating in the Superbowl when Sick, don't spit sugar cookies at the referees.

jenny said...

Hi, Found you through Jennifer's site.

Ew. Spitting. The son tried it last year, with success, but he's since gotten over it. I think my zero tolerance rule for spitting helped :).

Sorry about your Eagles. Heh, heh. Really I'm not. :) But it was a valiant effort, and I was impressed by T.O. and the whole pins in the leg thing.

Jennifer said...

How old is your son again? My son will be 4 in may and out of the blue has entered this spitting stage. I HOPE it's a stage. He gets mad and he spits at me his dad and his sister. He watches tv and he spits at the tv when watching Dora and when asked where do we go next.. he spits on the right answer. I was in total shock when I saw this. I just don't get it. I don't know what to do about it either. I send him to his room for being naughty already and that isn't helping with some things either. I spank him and it doesn't help, I yell, I ignore, I sit down and have a good heartfelt talk with him. Nothing seems to be helping. Not only with the spitting, but with the potty training, and being too rough with his sister, or anything else. Let me know what you do about the spitting. Or any other suggestions you may have for me.

vw bug said...

Hello Jennifer. I'll send you an email on all those questions! But just an fyi for everyone else... my son is 2 years old (31 months for those analytical types).

Anonymous said...

Next time you are in town, have cousin D teach him the proper techniques. By the time she was 3 she could out spit, out belch and out (the other one) any boy on the block. I think it was all the expeditions I let her gone on with you and Pan that did it.