Monday, February 28, 2005

1-800-222-1222 – Write this number down

This is the number for Poison Control. Luckily I had it handy this weekend. I am also very lucky that my #2 Son did not get sick. He decided to try out the flower of a Crown of Thorns plant. He and his brother were playing around them. I was trying to get them into the sandbox and turned around to see both with a handful of flowers. While watching them and deciding for a better way to stop them, #2 Son sticks one of the flowers in his mouth. I run to get it out, but when I tried, there was nothing in his mouth. The question was: did he spit it out or did he swallow it? I assumed he swallowed it and called Poison Control. I did what they told me to do. He did not get sick. I will assume he spit it out. What was really nice – poison control called back to see if everything was ok or if I needed more assistance about 4 hours later. This number is good for adults who may have swallowed something poisonous or gotten something on your skin. This.is.NOT.just.for.children.

Here it is again: Poison Control = 1-800-222-1222

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad he's okay. Why do children insist on putting everything in their mouth, especially when the whole "infant senses of curiosity" thing should have disappeared. Is that number good world wide?

Bou said...

My favorite thing to do when someone tells me their kid ate something they shouldn't have is to say two things (I did this to you this morning):

1) Did You Call Poison Control?

2) They're really nice at Poison Control aren't they?!

I have YET to meet a parent of a boy that has NOT called PC.

Anonymous said...

My parents just fed me poison so that I'd build up an immunity :-)