Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Cry for Help for a Valentine’s Party

What is this all about? My #1 Son’s classroom is having a party for the kids. I have to come up with 12 gifts. I have very little money and basically no time to make really cool stuff, or do a lot of shopping around. Sounds weird since their party is Feb 10th, but trust me, that is not a lot of time.

Argh! I didn’t know that having children would be so difficult. I love parties, I love making things, I love it when I have TIME to do these things. Right now, I really don’t have the time to do anything but the basics (laundry, vacuuming, feeding children, changing diapers, and repeat constantly).

I would love to get those kids something really nice to help them celebrate Valentine’s Day… so please give me some suggestions!

Thanks in advance for your help. You can always email me at onehappydog@excite.com if you don’t want to put it in the comments section (or if Blogger is being difficult letting you comment).

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Best suggestion I can make is to go to the Dollar Store (or even 2 if you can squeeze it in). You can get a couple of multi-pack items to make little gifts that will keep the expenses down and walk away for at or under $2 a child at the most. It's the best suggestion I can think of. Then you can still be creative and "make" something for the kids, but can keep the cost and the time to a minimum.

Hope it helps! :)

Jennifer said...

Hm... that was my suggestion too. Dollar stores sell all kinds of great small things you can split up into 12 in a tiny baggie or something :) Good luck

Tammi said...

Hmmm creative, inexpensive, easy.

The dollar store may be your best bet. And if you have a Dollar General that would be great. (not as inexpensive, but larger variety)

I'm drawin' a blank on anything more specific - but I have hours and hours of driving this week. Who KNOWs what I'll come up with. ;-)

Amy said...

4th vote for the Dollar Store!!! The kids will lose what you get them in a few days, so don't spend alot of money. From my experience, more is better. More little things is better than one big thing. Goodie bags?

Harvey said...

Before I clicked the comment link, my comment was going to be:

"Two words: Dollar Store"

Now that I see what everyone else wrote, that's STILL my comment :-)

They're kids. They don't care how much you spend as long as it looks glitzy.