Monday, February 21, 2005

Lunch and The Five Guys

Usually I do the Breakfast Thing with Bou and her 3 boys. Not today. We decided to do Lunch. Picture this – 2 adults, 5 children all in a Japanese restaurant for lunch. Quiet, subdued atmosphere. Not for long. Between her boys and mine, the restaurant had a distinct sound in the air. 5 guys talking or making noise of some type. Not loud (or not loud for long), but definitely noise.

Then the occasional something happens… my two favorites from this outting are:

1. My #1 Son has a bandaid on his left index finger. He decided to take the straw out of his water and put his finger (the one with the bandaid of course) down the hole. He could not pull it out. He started to fuss. The look on his face, looking down at his hand and the cup - like it was some big monster that just ate his finger. I started to laugh. It took everything in my power to stop laughing and reach over the table and help him get his finger out. It was just too funny. And not two minutes later I stopped him from trying it again. ;-)

2. At the end of lunch, Bou and I were talking about leaving and Bou was going to go shopping with her boys. Her oldest heard part of this conversation and with the most ‘OMG No!’ (OMG = Oh My God) look on his face said, “They aren’t coming with us, are they?” I had to turn away to keep from laughing out loud.

I tried to explain that shopping is actually easier to do with my boys than eating. But he was just so happy that we weren’t going that I had a hard time talking. He thought that they would be pulling things off the shelves and running amok. I told him, “Yes, they would run around, but it was easy to watch them and No, they don’t pull stuff off shelves or take down clothes.” Not sure if he believed me or not.

And that was just a few of the things that happened today. Ahhhh... I had a few minutes break while the kids were napping. Got this written just in time!

4 comments:

Ogre said...

Right. 5 kids and quiet in the same sentence? Not damn likely.

Feisty said...

Men...

Bou said...

Ogre and _Jon, I'll have you know that some woman said to us, "it was a real pleasure seeing you all with your boys. They were so well behaved..." Ha!

My favorite part was your 2nd son, so very very tired, sitting on your lap, 'mammamamamamamamama' then 'THUNK' he was asleep. Mid sentence.

Jennifer said...

Brave you are!