Monday, January 10, 2005

Have You Ever…

Done something you really didn’t want to do for the sake of someone else? Well I did yesterday. I cannot believe it. I went on a Farris Wheel at Lion Country Safari for the sake of my kids. I am TERRIFIED of heights. As in it will make me physically ill and faint. I can overcome it at times with a lot of patience and work. The number 1 thing I forgot was that Farris Wheel cars swing. I was green when I got off. I never threw-up nor fainted.

All for the sake of the kids to get up there and see how much ‘fun’ it would be. My Husband loves this kind of stuff but could not take both kids by himself. So I had to take #2 Son on with me. I don’t want my kids to be afraid of heights. I have got to be out of my mind!

In the meantime, my #1 Son actually rode some other rides as well. Here is a picture of him on this ride that goes up and down with a pull of a lever. He was concentrating so hard. And of course #2 Son was busy trying to escape.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

5 comments:

Jody said...

This post reminds me of 2 things.

1) I am terrified of heights. But in Ireland I stood on the edge of the Cliffs of Moher (or the Cliffs of Insanity for you Princess Bride fans). I was fine while I was there but I do have dreams sometimes of falling from them. I am almost afraid to go back...

2) Last summer my sister & brother-in-law took my nephews on a ferris wheel. Both boys said that they didn't want to go. And both were terrified. I was watching from the ground as they went in circles, both boys bawling and kicking and screaming about wanting off. I was terrified that they would fall. Boy, were they pissed when they got off....

Feisty said...

You are a really good mom, VW.

Jennifer said...

Way to go mom! Cute pics :)

LonaDay said...

They'll remember you as a cool mom.

vw bug said...

Hello Princess Yo. Thanks for stopping by!