Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In Need of Encouragement

Talking to Sticks the other day about her request and she requested more help. She thought maybe I could convince a few more people to send some emails to her for Recruit Gene. Particularly since I come from a 'military' background. The only request is not to send him something that will get his arse kicked. You military types know what I'm talking about. I copied HER POST below as well as having this LINK to it.

I have a special request for everyone. Please help. As you know, my nephew is away at Paris Island completing Marine bootcamp. He only has a few more weeks to go but it is getting tough. He sent a letter to his mom and begged her to please have everyone send him letters of encouragement. He says it will help to have something to take his mind off things there. He says it is a "crazy place".

So, please, if you could jot down a few words of encouragement for Recruit Gene and e-mail the letters to me at chaos(dot)2(dot)serendipity(at)gmail(dot)com I will print them and send them to him. I thought it would be encouraging to know that people who don't even know him support what he is doing. I know that some of you out there have endured bootcamp and can empathize. I appreciate anything. Words of encouragement. Jokes. Bootcamp horror stories. Anything to help get him through. Thank you.


Come on... find an old humor email or put just 2 lines in an email and send it to her at chaos(dot)2(dot)serendipity(at)gmail(dot)com

2 comments:

Sticks said...

Thanks. I have received a couple of letters and a couple of promises so far. I appreciate anything and I know he will welcome the encouragement and support.

GUYK said...

I have some mixed emotions about this VW. The whole idea of boot camp is to teach one to dig down within and find the toughness to make it through..the encouragement comes those there with you and when the training is completed you find that you will fight for and die for those brothers.

Boot camp is all about tearing down the old and building a new and better person that is self sufficienct but also is a team member. It is not for everyone..but those who can find the guts to make it through come out a stronger person for it.