Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Front Door Blues

There is nothing like stopping Tot and Happy Dog from running out the front door when you see this:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

= = = = =

Yes, that is a snapping turtle. I almost took pictures of the invasion of baby frogs the other day... but this tops it. You get the wildlife in my yard. Ants, snakes, frogs, walking sticks, birds (including vultures), armadillos, and now a snapping turtle trying to make it's way into my house.

It will be interesting as the boys get older.

2 comments:

Bou said...

My boys love the vultures. They creep me out. The highlight was the dead armadillo AND the flock of vultures. My yard looked like Halloween...

Ogre said...

Oh, it's just a wee one! Heck, it probably can't even snap. Why, when I was a kid, we had to get one out of a pond where people swam. Now THAT was a snapping turtle. Damn neck extended about 2 FEET.