Saturday, March 04, 2006

Teaching How To Steal?

My BIL sent me to THIS ARTICLE.

Here's how it worked, according to police: A family member would go into a store such as Wal-Mart and buy an inexpensive item like a squeegee. He would then take it home and copy the bar code label. That label would be taken back to the store and put on a more expensive item like a digital camera, which could then be purchased for a fraction of the price, investigators said.


Someone help me here... Doesn't the barcode show up on the screen as to what is being scanned? Uhhhhhh... and then showing the world how they may have done it... yaaa... and of course, I can't resist in helping spread the word.

Definitely time for a weekend break for me.

2 comments:

Jody Halsted said...

Yes, but the person doing the scanning would have to actually LOOK at the screen. How many even care to do that?

Harvey said...

If it were a single item being purchased and the total were insanely low, the cashier would probably peek at the screen.

I would think...