Monday, March 13, 2006

Scavenger Hunt

A great deal is going on in my life right now. My sister, Tink, has volunteered to write up a few stories for me. I'll make sure anything I add is in Bold and Italics. ;-)

From Tink:

It always amazes me what can happen in a family where the older child is nine to ten years older than the youngest child. (Tink is only 8 years older than I am - blhhhhh)

Case in point, I remember one time when young adult VW was having a party and one of the games they were playing was a Scavenger Hunt. Now if you are a young adult and have an older sister living out of the house and are having a scavenger hunt, where is the first place you go? To your sister's house of course. Besides I think she may have cheated since I believe I had almost everything on the list. Or maybe she made the list after coming over one day. (I did NOT make up the list.)

Now we are going to provide just a little background other than above. When my first child was born, VW was only, what, 12 or 13, by the time my last child was born she could have be around 16. So the story is about her when she was I guess in her middle 20's.

Anyway back to the scavenger hunt. Over to my house heads this delightful and deceitful sister. She gave me her list and as I was looking it over, I kept noticing one of her partners and I just knew I knew him, but couldn't place it. Did I tell you they were all in costumes? She finally introduced me to her "date" when I realized she was dating my youngest child's coach. I tell you, I didn't know whether to strangle her or laugh.

3 comments:

Tink said...

Please note: I did not volunteer. LOL

Moogie said...

LOL! That reminds me of when my eldest daugther was in Kindergarten. She kept talking about her mean OLD teacher. She told us she was really old. When I met her at the open house, she was probably fresh out of college! Gack. Good story!

Contagion said...

Finally, dirt on VW... Keep it coming!